Sunday, February 20, 2005

2 Strikes..............



Last night, Kelli and I ambled over to the 9:30 club to see Jill Sobule and Martin Sexton play(there was another guy on the ticket but he was non-memorable guy). We got there 15 minutes before the club opened and were able to get seats on the balcony over on the right hand side next to one of the dressing rooms. A few minutes before the show, I'm chatting with Jenny N. who met us there and Kell, when in the corner of my eye i see a dimunitive blond pushing her way through the crowd and walks up the steps towards us. I look at her and say "hi" because i'm pretty sure who it is, and move to get out of her way. After she left i tell my friends, "thats Jill Sobule" Needless to say, we found out 2 minutes later that it was, and her "half-set" was funny and awesome. A lot of the crowd wasn't that familiar with her stuff but she was a crowd worker and hopefully a few people will go on out and buy her stuff.

Martin Sexton: an unsettling mixture between Jack Black and my Uncle John, but very cool. He had his daughters up on the balcony right above stage right and kept an eye on them.

The title refers to the second time a singer that i love has said hi to me and all i've said is hi back--first one, Bono but that time he said hi first. I choke.


Sunday Morning. Kelli and I are headed to New York. I wake up about 45 minutes early and stumble to the bathroom. As I walk in I hear a cricket chirp. I stopped, rub my eyes and look around a little but then i think to myself, chirping crickets in the bathroom in February are pretty cool and go about my business. CHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRIPPPPPPPPPP

No comments: