Monday, May 09, 2005

Weekend:
Friday: My friend Bob invited me to a Royals/O's Game. He got free tickets worth 90.00 but Adam begged for the tickets. Bob ended up asking 20.00 for the tickets, enough for parking and 2 student tickets. Needless to say, Adam paid for my "date" with Bob!
Sat: The girls took me out to dinner. I also hung out with Adam that evening. During the day, I went to Annadale, "Little Korea," to shop at the K-mart there. Walking over to the K-mart I window shopped as good I could as I don't speak Korean, and most of the ads in the windows are not bi-lingual.
Sunday: Mothers Day! I talked to Grandma True. She seems a little down and has had a nasty chest cold. She's doing better, but is weak. She's also tackling the basement which although my grandmother is a stellar housekeeper, her basement does contain 60+ years of memories.
I also received an e-mail from Kelli who just finished week 1 of her 6 week adventure in Europe. Here's an excerpt:
Spain is great, but I´ve really got to learn Spanish! I´m in Pamplona and English speakers are getting farther and farther apart. I staged my own running of the bulls yesterday. I was trying to figure out what part would be the most dangerous- the uphill part at the beginning,
the 2 sharp turns in the plazas, or the straight shot at the end where the bulls could really pick up speed. Well, no matter, I won´t be here in July anyway.
So I´ve also had my first run-in with the delights of Siesta, where no services are available and the whole town looks like a ghost town.

No comments: