Sunday, October 16, 2005


What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

For Columbus Day weekend Sarah, Jason and I went to Sarah's folks house in Granville Ohio. The drive out took 8-9 hours (rain and foggy). However, we got up at 6 the next morning to stand in line for the Eddie Bauer Warehouse Salvage sale. We met a cool lady who teaches political theory etc at a christian college in Columbus. While we were waiting in line for 3 hours we ran into a couple of people who take their salvage sales seriously. Really seriously. But we got in, found some cool items and then went over to the Warehouse Outlet store and........well, we left a little past noon. Then there was Bath and Body Works, Jc Penny's Catalog store, Old Navy's, Best Buy, Meijer's and Michaels. Sunday was church, visiting an indian mound, (those are in Ohio), playing Domino's, watching my Yank's win and force the Angels to Game Five, and home cooked meals. Granville is a really cool, gorgeous little town in the woods. We left Monday, drove back and went to Hagerstown Outlets on the way. A bit anticlimatic after the Eddie Bauer warehouse.

That night Kelli, Erin, Jason and I went to see Kaiser Chiefs, Foo, and Weezer. The Kaiser Chiefs were good...all four songs we heard them play. Weezer....well Rivers was a little weird the first half of the set or so, but then the rest of the set was great. Foo...Well, Dave Grohl spent half the time screaming...oh what sexy screams he has. He played drums, he puts on a heck of a show...however, when your yanks are losing....its a little sad watching a kick-butt rock concert. But its always a good time when Dave Grohl is in town.

6 comments:

Lucy Stern said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend. I love shopping the outlet malls. Bonnie likes The Ann Taylor and Ann Taylor Loft outlet stores. Their pants fit her like a tee... Glad you had fun..........Sorry about those Yanks! If it makes you feel any better, the A's are backed against a wall with the White Sox. Pray for the Astros...

Doug Bagley said...

Sorry your Yankees didn't make it past the Astros. I'm not sure who I am rooting for out of the teams that are left. I like all underdogs--I must have this secret enjoyment for losing, LOL.

Nettie said...

Bath and Body Works, excellent choice.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sherpa! I noticed that you put some crafty photos on your website along with Shelece. I'm trying to find a Shelece Jorgensen that was my friend in Salt Lake City several years ago. She is a great artist and I've written a book and I need an illustrator. Do you think this is the same Shelece? If so, can you let her know I'm looking for her. My email is ariley@fcbutah.com. She should remember me as Allison LaPointe. We lived next to each other on 400 East in Downtown Salt Lake City. She moved to a cool apartment in the Capitol Hill area and then I sort of disappeared for a while.
Thanks so much!!
Allison

Rin said...

Oh my gosh! I didn't realize they were all playing together. How fun! I'm a little disenchanted with Weezer though lately. He really sold out.

aisy said...

we got hosed on canada... weezer didn't play with the foos. grohl was as sexy as ever though... wasn't as enchanting as when i saw them in utah and caught the drummers stick, but hey, still good.

i need more coconut lime verbena lotion... *sniff