Saturday, January 14, 2006

Yahoo eats me for breakfast

This morning I got up and decided to send out an email to the church group i'm the leader of (I'm a FHE leader). I send it out, and immediately can't log back into my yahoo account. I try, I sign out, and I'm totally locked out. I've been doing some research and it looks like:

A) My account might be back in 12 hours

B) My account might be back in 48 hours

C) My 7 year old e-mail account with hundreds of addresses in my address book might be gone.

Sigh. Oh well, does anyone have any ideas?

10 comments:

aisy said...

I know when I was doing a high volume email once (for a change of address) I received a message stating that I would not be able to send messages for another hour or something stupid like that. Hopefully that is your problem and not all will be lost!

Joy said...

It hasn't come up yet. Yahoo puts a 12 hour block sometimes on people, I hope thats the problem and it'll let me back on tomorrow morning. The problem is that the address for the party I was going to attend tonight is on my e-mail.

Joy said...

Its been 12 hours, and now I'm getting a message that my account has been locked for another 12 hours.

HOO said...

That's absolute crap, 'cause it's not Scottish, that's for sure.

Joy said...

I got an e-mail today in my gmail account from yahoo asking me to answer a security question. They said once I answered it, my account would be reset. Here's hoping!

Joy said...

still no answer from yahoo this afternoon. Sigh. I wish I'd hear back from them.

Bonfire said...

It sounds like your world is ending. You might as well flush your cell phone down a toilet and move to PA and become amish. J/K I'm sorry to hear this Joy. That is terrible! I would completely die if this happened to me.

erinannie said...

Are you back in the free world yet?

Joy said...

between the cell phone and this.....

Anyway, no worries, I'm back on yahoo, and although I can't seem to send e-mails on yahoo groups, i've got access to everything else on my yahoo account.

Anonymous said...

I'd be careful with your yahoo account, script kiddies like to brute force accounts. They collect them. Anyway, congrats on getting it back.