Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Miss California, Do you eat Ice Cream?
I confess, the 2006 Summer Movie season has been a little bleak so far. Watching a delusional pirate and a monk-pro-wrestler was entertaining but there's only a handful of movies I was looking forward to this summer and at least two of those disappointed. I continued to hope however that "Little Miss Sunshine" lived up to the 2 minute laugh-fest it's trailer provided. I assure you, thanks to the free movie screening pass (Hoo, you're the best) I was able to score, I can report back that the movie definitely lives up to the hype. Definitely not for everyone, this movie is a satiric take on family and the family comedy. Several plot gags that you've seen a hundred times are in this film...and yet the well-written script and these talented actors pull it off. The whole cast does a great job, especially the two child actors. So yeah, this definitely gets the score of 3.5 hot tamales (on a scale of 4 hot tamales, of course).
(I was threatened with bodily harm if I revealed anything about the plot in my "review"--that's why my "review" is so general.)

4 comments:

HOO said...

I just heard Michael Medved interviewing the directors of the film. He said it was a wonderful movie about families that was NOT for children. I am intrigued. Hopefully I will be going to the sneak preview on monday.

Joy said...

It really is a wonderful family film....but most definitely not for children.

HOO said...

Ok so I just saw it. It's pretty darn terriffic!

Joy said...

the film really didn't have too many lagging spots.