Here's the last of the series.
Weirdest street Food that we ate: That's not a popsicle. That's a huge slice of jicama on a stick, smothered with chili paste and then dipped in green apple sugar. Kelli actually bought it, I took a few bites and that was it. Love jicama, love chili paste, love green apple sugar...but together was too much. Oh, and the weirdest street food that we didn't eat (but I was offered a sample) was grasshoppers.
Nicest Shopkeeper: This lady in Oaxaca at the Women of Oaxaca Crafts building talked to Kelli and I for a while. She helped convince Kell (she didn't need much convincing) to buy one of here skeleton figures (its awesome) and then talked to both of us in spanish for a while. We had a great time with her.
1 comment:
I want to know more about this chili apple jicama. What did it taste like? Sweet? Salty? Nasty? Big green brown turd on a stick?
Post a Comment