Sunday, August 20, 2006

Del Hermano de Sherpa




Well I only have a few days in Gunnison Colorado so I will post a few things that I have done this summer and make a tribute to Gunnison because well it is a outdoors lovers paradise. Before I show this pictures my friend William told me that you make it sound like the "Garden of Eden" and well I guess it is. Well my first hike of the summer was Baldy Chato in the La Garita Wilderness area. The final elevation was 13401 ft.

This next mountain is Uncompahgre Peak which is the pic to the left. I tried to make this hike in June but after losing the trail and not sure what time it was I decided to turn back. I ended up hiking about 25 miles that day. Just last week I tried again and did make it to the top but I started on the other side where I was only 4 miles from the top. It is 14308 ft it is the highest mountain in the San Juan Mountain range a great hike and it was my first 14er. In between these hikes I went backpacking into the Fossil Ridge Wilderness went Mountain Biking I don't know how many times. I went to Denver to a Rockies game, saw the Royal Gorge, bought a Kayak, got chased off another 14er because of lightning, went 4 wheelin, and fly fishin' many times also.
And Just this last weekend I went to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Park. It is absolutely amazing. This is just looking up the canyon and the next pic is just in the canyon looking at one of the many pinancles. There is some amazing history in this canyon. Well I have had a great summer and oh ya I did find time to work if you were wondering so I will be able to continue the adventures. On thursday I am going to go hike Kings Peak in the Uinta Mountain Range with some friends and then back to school. Hope everybody keeps up the the wonderin's like the sherpa and her bro.

No comments: