Thursday, August 31, 2006


Move Over Owen Wilson--


Warren Buffett married his longtime companion, Astrid Menks, in a private ceremony Wednesday.

Buffett's first wife, Susan, died July 29, 2004, at age 72. She moved to San Francisco in 1977, but the two remained married and were together often and talked frequently when apart.

I've been pressin' over these sentences since I read this article about Warren Buffet's recent nuptials. Okay, first I'm confused. I don't think 2 years would be considered "long-time" companion. So, then i think the article is inferring that Astrid and Warren were companions before his wife died. Then I start thinking why am I pressed over Warren Buffet's personal life? He's 76, he just gave buko dollars to the Gates Foundation and I'm sure he's lived a good life. Why do I care? I mean let's be honest, I know who Warren Buffet is, but I still confuse him with the other famous Buffet more than I'd like to admit. Hmmm.

4 comments:

HOO said...

we are so on the same wavelength...that's the newsbyte that stuck out at me too today, although the details about his first wife weren't included in the blurb I heard. I started thinking about Astrid as a baby name. I'm digging it. And no, I'm not pregnant. Just have babynames on the brain for some odd reason.

Joy said...

Okay, I was going to mention in the post that Astrid was a cool name. weird.

Anonymous said...

I may not have the details completely straight but my understanding is that the first Mrs. Buffet decided many years ago that she would be happier living separately from Warren. She loved him and admired his genius, but had grown tired of his idiosyncracies. Astrid was a waitress at a pancake house the Buffet's frequented and Mrs. Buffet suggested that Warren and Astrid should keep each other company in Omaha while she lived in San Francisco.

HOO said...

How nice of Mrs. Buffet I not to take him for 50%...is Nebraska a community property state?