Thursday, September 28, 2006

Shame on your greed, shame on your wicked schemes*

I'm not sure how much I should write about this on here, but I feel its okay to just give the basics, and this is easier than an e-mail.
A year into my time in Chile (I was a Mormon Missionary in Chile for a year and a half) my companion and I had the room we were living in broke into and all of our valuables were taken. Although we didn't have much, it was still just an awful feeling. I felt even worse for my chilean companion who had only been on the mission for a month. She had some nice things that her mother had worked really hard to get her. Anyway, last night all those feelings came rushing back when my roommate called me saying that we had been burglarized. The feelings of violation and unsurety are settling, to say the least. In this situation like the one before, I wasn't the only one targeted. I feel for my roommates who were also hit. I'd also like to thank the other two for extending their support and comfort...and going out to get stuff for milkshakes last night. Y'all rock!
*"Thunder on the Mountain"-Bob Dylan

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry that happened to you.

We've had that happen, too. One time someone took a cell phone from a desk in between the beds of two of my sleeping roomates.

My uncle had a gun pulled on him.

I'm glad that my roomates, my uncle, and you, seemed to come through relatively unscathed (physically, at least.)

Anonymous said...

Dang, that is terrible news! I feel sick FOR you.

*big hugs*

Unknown said...

so, so sorry. (transcontinental hug)

Rae said...

Man that stinks. i am sorry to hear that.