Sunday, October 15, 2006

Black Bottom Goodness

Its been a while since I've posted a recipe on here. Above is a picture of one of my favorite things to cook up when I've got almost too ripe bananas to use. These are called black bottom banana bars, but they are more like cake than bars.

Black Bottom Banana Bars

Preheat Oven to 350

In a mixing bowl, cream:1/2 c. butter or marg, softened1 c. sugar

Add, and then beat until thoroughly combined:1 egg1 tsp. vanilla extract

Blend in:1 & 1/2 c. mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)

Combine in separate bowl, then add to the creamed mixture & mix well:1 & 1/2 c. all-purpose flour1 tsp. baking powder1 tsp. baking soda1/2 tsp. salt

Divide batter in half (separate bowls).

Add to one-half the batter:1/4 c. baking cocoa1/2 or 1 c. of semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)

Spread the cocoa batter into a greased 9x13 pan. Spoon plain batter on top and swirl with a knife. Bake 25 min or until the bars test done. Cool.Yield: 2 1/2 to 3 dozen.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

HOO said...

I just started a diet! Guess I'll have to file this one away.

Steve said...

That sounds awesome. Any chance of air freighting a piece to Frankfurt?!?!

Lucy Stern said...

Yummmmmm. I'll have to try that this weekend.