Monday, October 02, 2006

Did you know Steve Martin is Mormon and Elvis wanted to be baptized?*

5 Days and counting. My laptop, digital camera, a pair of headphones(these were $10.00 2 years ago) and my gba were stolen wednesday while I was at work. The lappy wasn't even 6 months old, and I'm not sure when I'm going to replace it. I'm debating getting a desktop, partly of cost and they are harder for thiefs to carry out of the house. I'm definitely open to suggestions right now. I'll eventually replace the digital camera, but I doubt I'll replace the gameboy.

Anyway, I had a three day weekend which was very nice (partly because I got 10-12 hours of sleep each night) even if I didn't venture too far from home the whole time. I did finally meet two "internet" friends which was fun, we got a new shower curtain (refer to above paragraph as to why), watched some Grey's Anatomy(Did they find McSteamy straight out of the soaps?), gaped at the flamingos at the National Zoo, started embroidering again, watched conference, had another bout of pinkeye and was teased mercilessly by Megan.

I also caught the Season Premiere of SNL. I'll just go on record saying that I'm not a Dane Cook fan, but the season premiere wasn't bad. A couple of skits were pretty good, weekend update was the highlight but the Musical guest wasn't. Seriously, I'm not sure what's up with the Killers but for putting out decent albums they really stink on snl. Here's their two numbers:







**(Steve Martin is not. He disputed this Mormon urban legend on npr a few years ago. According to Deseret News, the Osmonds and various others, Elvis Presley indeed was going to be baptized. He died before the baptism date.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

still skeptical of the elvis thing, despite what the Osmonds Say.

:) You embroider?? I never woulda thunk. Cool.

Colloidal silver helps with pinkeye.

Joy said...

No matter what I think of the Elvis relevation, I think we're going to hear a lot of this story. It has the potential to hit Mormon Myth Status. I'm a little scared (and already tired of it all) just thinking about it.

Yeah, I haven't posted anything on here for a while because I haven't done anything since this spring.

Colloidal silver?
I've got some antibiotic solution. I've had pinkeye three times since I went to the doctor the last week of July. I probably should go back.

HOO said...

I used Ruby G's Compy. It was NICE. I am sad it's gone. Whoever took it is mean and bad.

HOO said...

I just read about Elvis on the brink of baptism. Unfortunately I will never be able to read anything again, because my eyes started bleeding and I am now blind.

aisy said...

they took your shower curtain too? crazy...

someone who is mormon is good ol' ricky shroder. mr silver spoons married a local girl from my city and later converted. not as exciting as the faux steve martin one, but hey, i tried.

Anonymous said...

Elvis was gonna get dunked? WOWZA! First Elvis, and Now Gladys? There really is gonna be a Rock N Roll Heaven on the LDS Side of the Kingdom.

Sorry about the pink eye, girl. Colloidal silver does help.
I'm starting back On Alieshia's quilt. There will be needle work just like on the one I did for my mom.

I'm totally pissed about your gear getting stolen. I'm mad as hell for not being able to find my MP3 that I left at work, I can't imagine a laptop I'd be collecting random body part off of people.

You are very poised about it. Props for the example, girl.

Joy said...

Its actually mostly allergic pinkeye now...not the bacterial or viral form.

Yeah, its baseball playoffs and was conference...time to get the embroidery out.

Joy said...

my shower curtain was not stolen...we just needed a new one.

Lucy Stern said...

Was Elvis really going to be baptised? That would have been interesting....

Joy said...

Shabang---I've been reading, "Miracle of Forgiveness" right before I go to bed. I think its subliminal learning, because I've been quoting it, and I read it half asleep......I rarely quote church stuff either. well, when I'm not being a smart alec.

Anonymous said...

Check out this new site of Mormon urban legends -
http://www.holyfetch.com