Thursday, October 12, 2006

To Whom it May Concern:

So you spend a good quality of your time on a online community website. You've been there for several years, you've got a bunch of friends of the opposite sex that you've never met and casually speak to but add them to your "friends" list. You meet someone who lives 10,000+ miles away and he/she visits. Is it necessary to delete everyone on your friends list who is of the opposite sex and single? Isn't that a little extreme? You're a grown man, you've got agency to make your own choices, but its just an online community. For the rest of your life are you going to avoid contact with everyone of the opposite sex?


Sincerely,
RubyG

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know to whom this does concern, and I must say it was really hurtful and downright weird. But to each his own, and I suppose I don't want to be friends with someone who only sees me as "potential" and not a friend first.

aisy said...

ha ha... a guy really did that? well, when the thing explodes in his face he'll have to find more "friends" of the opposite sex to start adding to his online profile. perhaps the better method would have been to stop going on the site.

HOO said...

The moral of the story is....Ruby G doesn't dislike too many people, but when she DOES dislike someone, we should all take heed.

Sara said...

Now I want to know who the guy is, of course.

Steve said...

Note to self: Keep Ruby G happy and NEVER, EVER delete the link from my page to her's!!!

:)

Joy said...

Steve, he wasn't my friend. This guy and I had a falling out a couple of years ago. Namely, I grew sick and tired of his attitude. He was a "friend" of a frien. I don't care if you delete me. :) Just don't screw over a friend. :)

Anonymous said...

I would like to say I'm suprized. Ok I AM Suprized at the stupidity of it all. Grown Ass men deleting all single women from his list because he thinks he's found the ONE?
Woooo, im sorry *wipes a tear from my eye* that's hilarious!

Well, I say, those who have been deleted.. .what have you really lost? Your friends list acutally gained a spot for someone more real to enter. What a blessing! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't know that until I read this blog! But I wonder why he kept eight single women on his list? And why were the married ladies kept on the list? I'm so confused. Are you single ladies sending death threats out to his woman or something?

What happens if it doesn't work out with the two of them?

Oh my...

Anonymous said...

Oops! He kept six single women, not eight.

Joy said...

Its weird. He axed all of the single,single women except for one. I believe all the others were either married or are in a relationship except for one.

Anyway, it was kind of funny. The friends on the list thought it was crazy, but mostly they just missed his friends boards.

Unknown said...

I agree... don't screw over a freind.

Objectifying J.E.R.K. So women are just for romancin', not freindship material?

I don't even know him or the situation, and you got my dander up.

Anonymous said...

I had no idea this was real until I read this. . . I saw Shabang's thread on it, but I figured it was hypothetical or something like that. So sad. Now I totally want to know who it is too!