Thursday, December 14, 2006

Christmas....

I noticed this meme on a few friends blog and finally got around to doing it today. Enjoy. or not.


1. eggnog or hot chocolate?
For day to day, I drink herbal tea, I drink hot chocolate maybe a couple of times a month, but I like flavored hot chocolate better than plain hot chocolate. I really like chocolate with cinnamon, and in Mexico we had hot chocolate with cornmeal, cinnamon and chile pepper. To die for.
2. does santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree? He did both growing up.
3. colored lights on the tree, or white? I like both. white looks nice, but you see it everywhere and I like colored too.
4. do you hang mistletoe? no, I never have but I'm not opposed to it.
5. when do you put your decorations up? right after Thanksgiving.
6. what is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? fondue, cheeseballs, seafood.
7. what's a favorite holiday memory from your childhood? going sledding the day before christmas at the golf course. Sick on Christmas. that happened quite a bit.
8. when and how did you learn the truth about santa? I think I was 7-9. I believe I started questioning Santa.
9. do you open a gift on christmas eve? Just one.
10. how do you decorate your christmas tree? I don't have a tree here in VA.
11. snow! love it or dread it? love it.
12. can you ice skate? Yeah. its not hard to do. I didn't ice skate hardly as a kid, but I don't really remember learning. I'm not that great, but I can do it.
13. do you remember your favorite gift? I have some fave memories.
14. what's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Family and putting it all in perspective. I'm a christmas baby, so I guess those of us born right around the holidays have a little different view of the christmas season. Personally, I like being Christmas Joy.
15. what is your favorite holiday dessert? Well, when my bros were in highschool, my mom didn't keep dessert around during the holidays because they were trying to keep their weight down (they wrestled) and my Dad is a diabetic who adores chocolate like few men do. One year, my mom made me (or gave me) my own chocolates for me to put away to nibble on. that was nice. I like chocolate "with stuff" but I don't like it on its own (I like fudge though). BYU recipe cherry chews, cherry chocolates, coconut lemon bars, angel food cake etc.
16. what is your favorite holiday tradition? We read the christmas story from Luke the night before. We also have a nice dinner on Christmas Eve and New Years.
17. what tops your tree? I think my parents have a star.
18. which do you prefer - giving or reciving? , but receiving is fun too. The "true spirit of christmas" is awesome.
19. what is your favorite christmas song? Not Joy to the World. I really like almost all of them. I was listening to Willie Nelson sing Away in the Manger before church on sunday. That was nice. I really like the original version of "Have yourself a merry christmas" as sung by Judy Garland. Nat King Cole of course.
20. candy canes! yuck or yum? Fo sho'. I like candy canes, especially when my throat is a little sore.

2 comments:

ADDollhouse said...

I am a wimp about hot stuff, but I have to say adding chili pepper can be SO yummy in hot cocoa!

Carol Baker said...

do you have a recipe for byu's cherry chews? Ive been looking for a recipe for those for 25 years!!!