Monday, January 15, 2007

Fruity!

August '06: 2 friends at an open market in Etla, Mexico. They are looking at a bunch of crewel embroidery patterns that are cheap. (this one was a little less than a dollar). One friend looks at the other and says, "I'll buy it, if you sew it up for me." The other one says, "That's christmas, and New Years and your birthday for 5 years! That's a 2 foot pineapple!" Finished in '06, and really didn't take that long to do. However, the finished project is in embroidery floss, and not crewel, but a few crewel stitches and effects were used. the color scheme was deliberate since its more or less a souvenir from Mexico.


If I remember tonight, I'll post the recipe. Apple pie rocks! Even apple pie from apples(and a pear) that had been sitting in your fridge for about a month.

7 comments:

Lucy Stern said...

I want that recipe so don't forget...... I like the embroidery too.

aisy said...

so what's the picture for in both the pie and the embroidery shot?

ADDollhouse said...

I LOVE Pineapples. To eat, of course, but also, my kitchen is all palm trees and pineapples.

And you SHOULD share the recipe... well for those of us that CAN cook (not me).

Mrs. Small House said...

Yum! Looks good!

Mrs. Small House said...

wow! Kip and I read you blog at the same time!

Joy said...

the picture? One of my roommates. She gave me this pic about 6 months ago, and its kind of a running joke to include it into the blog. Funny, she hasn't yelled at me yet for this inclusion.

Laurie said...

Hot cha cha!

I'm impressed!!