Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Check out those gams

Monday morning I noticed that Rufus Wainwright's concert on Saturday night was online on NPR. I clicked on the link, then decided to check out the pix from the show. There was some nice eye candy but nothing too eyedropping until about 34 seconds left on the slideshow where there's a shot of him in a white terry robe holding a high-heel. Then, go to the next slide and be prepared for your jaw to drop a little. What I wouldn't give for legs like that. Holy cow. He pulls it off as only a gay man can.

I was telling Kelli about it and we were joking if I was confused asI, a straight girl coveting the legs of a gay man in drag paying homage to a straight, gay icon who herself was sporting a mens jacket and in drag king wear if you will. We were confused, you? All I can say is, listening to him perform "get happy," was a highlight-its one of my all-time favorite moments from the old-school musicals since I was a little girl.

As far as listening to the live concert goes, its great. He's over the top, flamboyant, witty, and what a voice. If you get a chance, its definitely worth listening to and now I'm really excited for the dvd of the Judy Garland recreation show he did last year (and will do again next month, I believe.)


Check out NPR for much better pictures of this.

Look who showed up for the show on Friday night.

4 comments:

aisy said...

okay, those are seriously sweet legs... no justice in this world. it reminds me of my brother who is angry he CAN'T gain weight.

Anonymous said...

Hey these aren't so bad.

Joy said...

okay, that's kind of funny. Thanks Guy.

HOO said...

When does the Judy Garland DVD come out? I wanna see his performance.