Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Birthday Cake

There's existential dilemmas, and then there's minor ones like the one I'm currently trying to figure out, What should I have for my birthday cake? Really, I should be lucky right now that's all I have to decide, but I can't settle on a dessert. Maybe it's because I have a bit of a nebulous past with birthday cakes. My first birthday cake? A fruitcake at my aunt's house. Needless to say, we have no pictures of me chowing down on my first piece of fruitcake. Last year, my cake nearly went to the dogs. Literally. My mom set it outside to cool, and a few minutes later the dog was pushing the cake (covered thankfully) across the snow to the edge of the deck so he could flip it over and hopefully uncover the cake. Luckily, my mom saw him and rescued the tres leches cake. This year, I've got nothing. I've thought about chocolate chip cookies because they sound good, but I can't really think of anything else that sounds good. Any suggestions?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite is either my grandmother's German chocolate with white frosting, or a Crumbs cupcake. Good luck and happy birthday!

Unknown said...

I love you. You and you're great life/blog/inner self. Happy birthday!

Smokey said...

I think the tres leches sounds the best because it was amazing last year

Steve said...

Go with a nice Key Lime tart from Harris Teeter's! Or just treat yourself and go to the chocolatier on Mt Vernon Ave and get a bunch of stuff!!! Happy Birthday!

Brenda said...

Why not do something a little non-traditional. Cheesecake? Pie? Mint chocolate chip ice cream over a fudgy, warm brownie?

BTW: When is the special day?

Sara said...

Ghetto Cake! It's my favourite. Make a chocolate cake, dump Cool Whip on it, and then dump a can of cherry pie filling on top of that. A monkey could do it, but it's delicious! (Maybe even more delicious if a monkey did it!)

Unknown said...

German chocolate,

or pound cake,

or ice cream cake...

there are so many good kinds of cake.

Unknown said...

German chocolate,

or pound cake,

or ice cream cake...

or trifle...

there are so many good kinds of cake.

Joy said...

Jaime-Thanks! I love German Chocolate cake, but my dad does too and he has diabetes.

SJ-Thanks Babe. Love you too!

Smokey-Yeah, it was really good.

Steve-Wish we had a Harris Teeters or Mt Vernon Ave in Vernal. Thanks!

Brenda-They call me Christmas Joy. Yeah, I'm not a big fan of cake really, I like some but I'd rather have a cheesecake or pie.

Sara-Ghetto Cake sounds fabulous!

No Surf-Trifle is awesome.

Putz said...

ya chocolate with chocolate frosting and a cup of hot chocolate as a derink...nothing else will do merry chirsitmas

Satria Sudeki said...

Hi,

I Recently came across your blog through Google and

found it to be informative and interesting, Really

it's a fantastic blog. Good job keep it up.....

oh ya.. I have similiar blog like you on Cake Top , I hope the article on my blog will be

usefull for you… and we can share each other. thank

you… :-)

Keep up the great work!!!!!

http://cake-world.blogspot.com/

Daisy Paige said...

Happy (belated) birthday! Hope it was fabulous and you enjoyed visiting Utah for the holidays!