Monday, July 26, 2010

Surgery Eve

I go in tomorrow morning for the first Bronchial Thermoplasty treatment tomorrow morning. I've been on prednisone (40 mg a day) since Thursday in preparation for the surgery which means I've gotten by on little sleep, done tons of projects, am eating constantly and have 5 boxes (they were cheap) of Klondike Bars in my freezer. Plus, I mopped the kitchen twice.
"Prednisone Joy" is kind of awesome, but I'm hoping this procedure will make it so she doesn't appear again.
Mostly though, I just feel lucky that I've been given an opportunity to have a "new" pair of lungs that won't be so high maintenance. This just might be life-changing...at least to me. Plus, I have 5 boxes of Klondike Bars in my freezer!

4 comments:

Laura said...

oooh. I'm thinking of you. Good luck, lovie and I'm wishing you happy lungs and klondike dreams x

Jade, Maclee, Briten & Jalee said...

Good Luck!

mj said...

Aw I really hope it goes well! Good Luck!

Brenda said...

((Hugs)) I'm hopeful and excited for you and your lungs! Please update when you can so we know how it went.