Friday, January 07, 2011

Catch-up, not Ketchup

Whoa, the last couple of months have been a little wild. Since September I've been to Europe, had a surgery, had a cold, bronchitis, a cold/sinus infection and another cold and was on three rounds of antibiotics (not at the same time)*, did a Secretarial Event at work, went to Washington and Oregon for Christmas and am now back in DC. Excuse me if I don't catch my breath before I continue.
Anyway, life really has been good. Being sick has given me time to stop, think about where my life is going and what I need to do to improve. For 2011, my theme is "focus". I've picked five areas that I feel I need to focus on, and I'm trying to spend my time working on those areas.
Those areas are:
spiritual/physical health
finances
writing
relationships
hobbies

I've also come up with a list of things I want to do this year. I'll probably share that list later (to keep myself accountable.

Last year, my theme really was submission. The year was full. There were a lot of great things that happened as well as tough things too. I've gained a greater appreciation (if that's the right word) of the lessons asthma has taught me, and the lessons I believe I need to learn. I'm more resolute in the conviction that I have to control the disease and not the other way around. Getting the asthma controlled has been a lifelong battle, but I know I can do it. There's people around me who have had to deal with much worse trials than mine, and I know I can turn my trials into assets.

I'm also so grateful for my life and for the people in my life. There's been so many people who have helped me, whether they realize they've assisted me or not. I've had so many instances in the past several months where friends, family or even strangers have done something to make things easier for me whether they realize it or not. Those experiences have really humbled me and made me more resolute in trying to assist others whenever I can-small or big.
So anyway, thanks for reading this if you got this far. Here's to 2011!

1 comment:

JD said...

to quote Vince Vaughn in Dodgeball: "I've found that if you have a goal, that you might not reach it. But if you don't have one, then you are never disappointed. And I gotta tell ya...it feels phenomenal."

Well done on finding some goals. Perhaps I should give them a shot this year...