Thursday, January 13, 2011

Solace Amidst the Chaos or Simply, Peace.

I've been trying to write more often here, but my blog has gone quiet again for personal reasons. One of my first cousins on my dad's side passed away last weekend on the eve of our grandmother's death(which is still a contemplative time of year for me). Although I didn't know my cousin well (she's quite a bit older than I am and lived in a different time zone), I still find myself searching for peace and more importantly, hoping that my aunt, uncle and cousins are comforted now and in the coming months. I won't be able to attend the funeral, but at least one of my brothers will be, and that makes me happy.

3 comments:

Joy said...

Oh, and I'm alright emotionally. Don't worry mom. :)

Brenda said...

It sounds like we are both in that contemplative mood. Hugs.

JD said...

It's tough -- as I get older I know the passing of close ones is going to become more frequent, and that there's nothing I can do about it. Hope you are holding up okay.