Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I'm a fairly private person, but I continually have crazy mis-adventures and was told to share this one on here. The last two days have been no exception. Monday night I was in the shower and noticed a mole on my back hip that looked like no other mole on my body. I know because I checked out the others scattered throughout my body. So I scratched at the mole and it started bleeding. I thought, maybe it isn't a mole maybe its a tick as I've spent a lot of time outside. The problem was I haven't been outside in the woods for a while and its still really early spring here in Virginia. Then, the wound emitted some yucky junk, so i was like it might be a tick.
I finally convinced myself to go to the clinic yesterday as the infection had spread somewhat. When I arrived at the clinic, I found it is closed on Tuesday.

After class last night, I finally told Kelli about it. She started doing online research, I was doing the same and the big topic was should I go to the emergency room (i abhor emergency rooms when I'm the patient). Kelli called poison control on a whim who said there was no way you could have a tick in your body that long. So, I finally decided to tell Moss, my medical student/(graduates in May) about it. He saw the photo I took, (technology rules) and said it wasn't a tick (whoo) but possibly a crazy cancerous mole, and yes they do emit junk when scratched. So I'm going to see a dermatologist and am much better about the fact that it probably is not a tick. Ticks freak me out. After the incident Kelli and i were looking at photos of ticks, much like other people read scary stories even though they are unnerving.

Thanks Moss!!!

2 comments:

Robin Alexa said...

Well get in there as soon as you can and get yourself all fixed up! And stay out of the sun!!!! :)

HOO said...

I'm sorry I caused all that cancer...