Wednesday, September 07, 2005



After hearing about Justice Rehnquist's death, I decided to go up and wait in line to pay my respects. The past couple of years, I've been following him in the news. Especially since he spent the last year outwitting the media and most of Washington regarding whether or not he was going to retire. He was tough, he hung in there and when i think of the inauguration in January, I'll think of him. I arrived at the end of the line about 6:45 and left the Supreme Court a little after 9:00. The evening was beautiful, an early fall day-low humidity, a hint of a chill in the air and while i was standing in line for more than an hour, watching the sunset over the capitol and the white marble of the supreme court catch the last rays of the sun is always a beautiful sight. Walking out of the building in the early evening and seeing venus and the moon right next to the capitol...DC is a beautiful town. God bless, Judge Rehnquist.


1 comment:

Nettie said...

Great remembrance out of several I've read.