Sunday, November 05, 2006


Remember, remember the fifth of November,
Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I see no reason why gunpowder treason
should ever be forgot.
Funny, the rest of the poem is rarely recited:

Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, 'twas his intent
to blow up the King and the Parliament.
Three score barrels of powder below,
Poor old England to overthrow:
By God's providence he was catch'd
With a dark lantern and burning match.

Holloa boys, holloa boys, make the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!
Hip hip hoorah!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Thanks for reminding me that today is Guy Fawkes day! I think I'm going to rewrite the end of that poem. I don't think it's quite right.

Unknown said...

Huh.

Guy Fawkes day. Did you burn something?

Joy said...

Nah, I'm a pacifist.


Okay, I'm not that into it when it comes to this holiday, but I like the first verse so I'm probably not a pacifist.

Unknown said...

It's pretty catchy. I must admit :)