10 Dating Rules
This list has actually been a long time coming. Its not really a rant, but I guess a few could take it as such. Its not hardfast, just a few jots really... Oh, and I'm not angry or fustrated with the opposite sex in general or one individual in particular. This has nothing to do with my lack or surplus of dates.
Anyway here goes:
10) I'm boring, I'd like to learn about you. Saying that, I don't want to feel objectified. I was in a relationship that lasted on/off for two years and I don't think he knew how many siblings I had and he met them!
9) I've liked the same type of guy since I was 12. I'm not married, so obviously it hasn't really worked for me. I'm open to date "other types." Time and time again, I see friends and people around me expect to date a certain "type" but not have the same characteristics. If I want someone who is athletic and fit and healthy, I should try and have those same lifestyle commitments. People aren't types. People aren't objects. We're all God's Children.
8) As cool as the other person is, I know you have a life outside of me. That's totally fine.
7) I really like books, movies and music. I'd love to hear what your interests are. Reading, listening and watching each other favs? Totally cool.
6) So, we may have different interests. Even if you think my beloved yankees are the evil empire. Not a deal breaker.
5) flowers are nice, but they aren't necessary.
4) I'm 30 and single. The danger of being 30 and single is being so self-involved. Let me do things to show that I like you, that I care.
3) Relationships are hard. Open Communication is vital. Be patient with me.
2) Be honest. Honesty may be brutal sometimes, but its better to do so.
1) Ask me out!! I like dating. I don't see it as a commitment, ask me out and I'll do what I can to make sure you have a good time. bring a 50/50 effort to the table, and we'll have fun!