Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Burkini?

I came across an article in the Metro Express this morning about the growing demand for Muslim womens swimming suits. After looking at the swimsuits, the first thought I had was, "These are much cooler than the modest christian swimsuits that are sold online." The second thought was, "huh, I wouldn't wear those pants in the water, but they'd be great for just chilling on the beach( I'm trying to protect my skin better than I have in the past)."

Anyway, I did a quick search online, but I do have to say some of these muslim swimsuits rock. Some look just like what muslim women wear day to day. Splashgear is definitely the coolest of the muslim swimwear webpages I found. The pants are made out of the soft waterproof nylon that so many board shorts are made out of now and look just like board shorts--just longer. the shirts just look like longsleeve rashguards. Totally cool. Splashgear

One of the swimsuits at wholesomewear.com

One of the Muslim suits at Ahiida.com



3 comments:

aisy said...

It never crossed my mind that their religion would hinder their ability to swim... very interesting.

ADDollhouse said...

I have never even thought of Muslim swimsuits. In my narrow-mindedness I guess I assumed that they probably just couldn't swim due to the modesty thing. But more like, just NO SWIMMING! Like missionaries. Hee hee!

HOO said...

The buyer from the BYU Bookstore is burning up their line...