Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Rehab!!!

Although I'm not nearly as flamboyant as the Great Li-Lo, we both are in rehab due to events of this past weekend. I'll blog the beach on puddlejumpers, and am devoting this week to resting my right ankle which I injured playing soccer on the beach.

I knew I did a number on it when I fell to my knee playing bocce ball yesterday after playing soccer. Luckily, my right ankle is not as nearly as much of an over-achiever as the left ankle, and it shows indications that I just tore a muscle in the foot. A little painful and I have a stellar limp, but nothing a week of foot rehab won't fix. The upside? I now have more time to devote to projects like writing about Peru, getting the quilt done in time for a friend's baby's entrance into the world and by Saturday, I hope to have my garden in!

Since I've thought about using this blog as an useful tool to monitor goals etc, I might as well report to my latest list today. Last month I posted a list of goals here. Of the three goals, the only one I came short to was exercise. I finished the Libro, have only missed taking my meds a few times, and exercised maybe 10 times since I posted that. Now that summer is here, I'm going to keep that goal, but I'm waiting until next week or so to post the next batch of goals.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad that you've got time to relax your injury. I'm always jealous when someone talks about reading in another language-- that's the one area of which I'm completely ashamed, I'm not even slightly biligual in anything.

Has your athsma gotten better, then?

Joy said...

Thanks NSG.

Yeah, if I didn't serve a mission, I wouldn't be bilingual. I was the lazy kid in Spanish that my teacher in HS always tried to prod, but it never worked. I'm still lazy about it, but I'm trying to do better.

My asthma has been kicked to the curb. Okay, not really but I'm doing tons better.