I Timothy 6:20,21 "0 Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and Oppositions of science falsely so called: which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee, Amen."
REASONS FOR KNOWING THE AGE OF THE EARTH
1. I was never taught this truth as a young person, so when I entered college, I was taken in by the evolutionist’s claims of the earth being millions of years old. I spent many years in confusion, which is exactly what the devil wanted. There is no need of people being fooled by the false claims of evolutionists. There is no need of you being fooled either.
2. We need to know that all things that called science, is not science. Sometimes it's simply men’s opinions. We need to learn that all true science is in agreement with the Bible. The Bible is not a science book, but because the Bible contains all truth, all true science will be in agreement with the Bible.
3. We need to know that the Bible is our guide in this life. In all things, we need to follow the Bible. If there is any question, the Bible has the answer; even in the area of Science. God has not left out what he wants us to believe concerning the creation of this world. He has given us everything we need for time and eternity; therefore, we know he has also given us all the facts we need about the creation of this world.
4. We can have confidence that the Lord will soon return. In II Peter 3:1-18, the Bible states that scoffers will begin to say the Lord has not returned, and will not return because all things continue from the beginning of the creation. These scoffers are not telling the truth, of course. First of all, things are not continuing as they were from the beginning of the creation. God created the earth in six days and rested from creation. Sin came into the world after the first week of creation. Therefore, things have not continued from the beginning of the creation. Things have continued from the end of creation. Secondly, Peter declares these scoffers are willingly ignorant of the world-wide flood during the days of Noah, therefore they are willingly ignorant of the coming fiery judgment of God when this earth will be destroyed by fire.
5. We often say there were six days of creation, and God rested on the seventh day. Then folks often ask the question: "How long was a day in the beginning of the earth?" The Bible answers that question. Listen to Genesis 1:1-5, "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. 3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day." Did you catch verse 5, which stated, "…And the evening and the morning were the first day." How long is a day? It is an evening and a morning. Notice that God counts the day as beginning in the evening, just like the Jewish calendar.
PROOF – I have included the proof of the 6,000 year earth on this web site. Feel free to download the material to your computer so you can study it in detail as time permits. I will snail mail you a hard copy of 6,000 Year Old Earth, but because of receiving so many requests for the book and because of the expense involved in printing and shipping, I must charge $15.00 for the 120 page, 8 1/2" x 11" book. The price includes shipping and handling.
If you would like a PDF copy of my book The 6,000 Year Old Earth, this link will open the file, and you can save and/or print the PDF file on your computer. The PDF title page is here. Be aware the PDF book file is approximately 5,300 kb, so if you have a dial-up connection, it will take a while to download. If you have difficulty with the link, email me and I will email the PDF file to you.
If you download a copy of the book, or any other PDF books on this web site, please email me and let me know the country, or state where you live. You do not have to email me, of course, but it is interesting to me to see where the book is going. I do not save any information you email to me. I do not give or sell it to anybody, nor will I ever do so. I do not like spam, especially since I get enough of it already, and I know you do too.
I have worked on this study for several years, adding information as God enabled me. I did the primary study, proving the earth is only 6,000 years old, in 1976. I have time lines, and several articles I have written on this subject. I invite your questions and comments on this very important subject. I am only looking for the truth, and I use the Bible to discover truth. If you do not believe what I have written, you will do me a great favor by showing me scripture which proves my conclusions wrong.http://independencebaptist.org/6,000%20Year%20Old%20Earth/6,000_year_old_earth.htm