Monday, January 18, 2010

Beloved


Last night, Kelli and I decided to watch one of our Netflix movies. We chose "The Merry Gentleman" with Michael Keaton. As I put the movie in, I glanced at the summary which reads,

"Kelly Macdonald stars as a young wife who escapes an abusive marriage to begin a new life on her own. But when she finds herself a witness to a murder, she develops an unusual bond with a glum hit man. Beloved actor Michael Keaton makes his directorial debut with this quirky drama from a script by Ron Lazzeretti. The film premiered at the famed Sundance Film Festival in 2008."


Needless to say, we both honed in on the words, "Beloved actor Michael Keaton." We both decided that Tom Hanks, Meryl Streep and Paul Newman are beloved. Michael Keaton? Then one of us joked that it meant Beloved in a Toni Morrison kind of way. Or maybe Michael Keaton wrote the blurb?

2 comments:

Sparklebot said...

I'm trying to think of even ONE beloved character he's played. Beetlejuice? I wouldn't say "beloved."

Steve said...

I wouldn't "belove" Tom Hanks either. He hasn't done anything good since Gump and his obsession with WWII isn't going to win me over anytime soon. However, if this said "beloved Michael Douglas", I would have accepted that! haha. I wonder who gets the job at Netflix for writing these blurbs?!?!