Sunday, October 10, 2010

Health Update: Bronchial Thermoplasty

My third and final bronchial thermoplasty was on Thursday. The surgery went well, except for one minor complication. My doctor had difficulty getting the probe into my upper bronchial tubes which caused some bleeding (which was coughed up the first 24-36 hours after the surgery) and extra discomfort. Other than the extra blood (which really was more of a pain than anything else), this surgery has been easier than the last two so far. I'm still not doing much, but I feel less fatigued than I did previously and I really haven't had that many full-blown asthma attacks compared to the previous two times.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Thank you for the update. I have been wondering how you've been doing and thinking of you often. I'm glad this one has been easier than the last two. Hang in there.

Ryan H. said...

So has it really helped, or just little, or is it too soon to tell with the asthma? I'm curious for myself.

Joy said...

Hi Ryan,
I think it's too soon to tell. I think I started seeing an improvement before the third surgery, but I'm not sure. There's just not a lot of time between procedures.

Anonymous said...

I see that it's been about three weeks since your last post, have you noticed an improvement over the past three weeks since you're last proceedure?