Friday, February 22, 2013

Upstairs, Downton

A few days ago my mom asked me whether or not I had seen the season finale of Downton Abbey.  I hadn't and so the next sentence out of her mouth....wasn't words.  I take that back. There might have been an "oh my" somewhere in that sentence of oh...............wow................oh.............my..........ah...oh..

So yesterday I caught up with Downton Abbey.  I was two episodes shy from the end of the show.  I don't consider Downton much more than a historical soap, but the show is fun and it's amazing to see how it's become a pop cultural icon here in the US, so I watch the show.  That and avoiding conversations like the one above with my mother.

Anyway, my thoughts about Downton Abbey without giving any plot spoilers away can pretty much be summarized by the cartoon below that's been circulating on the internet the past couple of weeks:




No comments: