Wednesday, October 23, 2013

New

Like most people of a certain age, I've been a fan of the Beatles as long as I can remember, and specifically Paul McCartney (the cute Beatle, as my mom always calls him) post Beatles for many years.  Oh sure, Paul has written a few goose-eggs, but so has Bob Dylan (most of the 80's).  Anyway, Paul's new album is one of his strongest efforts in years and the first single off the album, New, is a song most people will enjoy.  Below is the lyrics video for the song.  About 3/4 of the way through the video is a shot of Paul laying a guitar pick on Elvis's grave.  My brother and I happened to be in Memphis the same day Paul visited Graceland (I really wanted to go to the concert that night but we didn't have time).  The bottom video is Paul singing "New" acoustically and demonstrates that Paul McCartney is still "the cute Beatle."




No comments: