Monday, October 30, 2006

Belated Birthday Shout-out!

Saturday, I neglected to do a shout-out of my brother Rich, a sometimes commentator on my blog. He turned 26 and graduates in December with a Bachelors in Civil Engineering from USU. Happy Belated Birthday Rich.
In other news, Gallaudet, the nation’s only liberal arts deaf university, voted out their incoming president. She grew up reading lips and speaking before she learned sign language so students did not think she accurately represented their community. After students took over the student center in North East DC recently the University Board voted to remove the president last night. Although it is good to see Gallaudet try to return back to normal, I’m still pretty mixed about this whole debacle. The students say that the presidential candidate was a incompetent provost, but this wasn't really mentioned until several weeks after the original uproar.

DC is no longer ranked in the top ten of most dangerous cities in the US. Before you get too excited, DC is ranked number 20, and number 4 most dangerous of cities over 500,000. Baltimore ranked #2 most dangerous in cities over 500,000 and Philly is number 5. What’s up with the I-95 corridor? Columbus ranked number 9 on this list and Houston is number 10.

Have a happy and safe Halloween tomorrow!

2 comments:

Rae said...

I would like to note that my home town of Orem made #12 on the top 25 safest cities. Thank you, Thank you very much. Y'all know it is because of me...or because of me leaving? ;)

Anonymous said...

Godo picture of Rich -- what a hunk. However, in case anyone is taken one way or the other by his goat, it is now gone.